Balfa BB7 model history
Here you can find changes, upgrades and modifications in consecutive year models of BB7. You can also visit Balfa Historic Bikes page to see earlier models.
- Aluminum front end, Cr-Mo swingarm;
- 7.5" of travel;
- Pulley placed outside of the linkages;
- FOX Vanilla shock.
Photos by: tattooman and Pinkbike archives
- New design of front triangle;
- Slightly changed linkages;
- FOX Vanilla R shock;
- Shock mounted to mainframe behind the bottom bracket.
- New hollow linkages;
- FOX Vanilla RC shock - newer, beefier shocks can't be fitted;
- over 11.1 lbs (5kg) with shock.
Photos by: smp747 and Pinkbike archives
- Second generation of the BB7;
- 9" of travel;
- New two-piece link plate design with pulley between the frame and link plates;
- Shock mounted to mainframe in front of bottom bracket;
- Lighter weight.
- Progressive Suspension 5th Element rear shock option;
- Floating disc brake caliper mounts on the seat tube.
- Headtube gusset;
- More machining on the headtube (two vertical grooves);
- Only one shock mounting hole in the main frame;
- Less material (therefore weight) in the bottom bracket/shock mount area;
- Updated link plates in latest frames.
Photos by: wooyek and Pinkbike archives
- Updated link plates and chain pulley (old plate on the left, new one on the right)
Photo by: jeansebastien
- Introduction of the new Appalache Real frame.